Probably the biggest factor to consider during the decision to relocate to a new city, especially when it’s done for school purposes, is how much it will cost. Thankfully, living in Barcelona is specifically great in this regard compared to other places in Europe. From costs that go as low as 350 euros a month, there are enough apartments with a very reasonable, affordable price which can liven up the burden of living costs.
The city of Barcelona is interconnected in multiple ways it makes transportation (be it through a Bus, Metro, Tram, Electric Scooter, etc.) so easy for young people, and serves as a great gateway to the city’s best attractions. Some of them include:
- The “Basilica de la Sagrada Familia”: a large unfinished Roman Catholic Church in Barcelona, designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi.
- Plaça de Catalunya: a large square plaza in central Barcelona. Also considered the city’s centre and the place where the old city and the 19th century-built Example.
- Passeig the Gràcia: the most famous commercial street in Barcelona. Connects the Plaça de Catalunya with the district of Gràcia.
- Vila de Gràcia: known as the historic old centre of Barcelona. This is the place to learn about the real local culture of the city.
- Playa de la Barceloneta: Barcelona’s most well-known beach.Barcelona is also home to one of the best football/soccer teams in the world. The team, FC Barcelona, has been a powerhouse in local and European tournaments that help elevate the prestige of the city. Their stadium, the Nou Camp (or Camp Nou as known in different parts of the world), is a marvel in design and a great place to go experience some quality football.
Another great advantage of Barcelona is just how culturally diverse it is. The city houses a great variety of people from not just Spain, but from different parts of the world. Seeing how the city has evolved from its humble 19th century roots (which can be noted in the places mentioned above) to the beautiful modern state of the city, Barcelona is a place of endless wonder and historical richness. With the different ethnicities and cultures in hand, Barcelona is a great place to be able to learn about different cultures outside of its own.
C3S prides itself for being located at the heart of the city. It is a great place to be able to connect to the different things this city has to offer. For anyone interested to study in Barcelona and get to experience the city, you can find more information about our school through here.