Doctorate Of Business Administration – DBA
This Level 8 Diploma is designed for developing and implementing effective strategies across ambitious growing organizations. Strategic management is for Executive Directors and Senior Managers and for those who have the authority and personal inspiration to translate organizational strategy into effective corporate performance. The Diploma requires aspiring or current directors and senior managers to build a knowledge and understanding in strategic direction and leadership and to focus growth and performance across all levels of an organization; making it competitive and responsive to acquiring tomorrow’s business.
The DBA programme is a research-based program, with a practical approach, designed for professionals who have already completed an MBA or an equivalent qualification and are looking to expand their knowledge in the field.
Assessment & Thesis
Each module is assessed through one assignment, which consists of an essay addressing all the
Intended Learning Outcomes of the module. Students are requested to write a critical literature review taken from peer reviewed research publications.
Doctorate candidates are requested to submit a doctoral thesis, which fulfils the criteria which fulfils the criteria of independent research following acknowledged standards of empirical research. The Thesis consists of 40,000 to 50,000 words.
The Doctorate candidates will defend their thesis through a summarising presentation.
The objective of this professional Doctorate of Business Administration is to provide
candidates with the opportunity to make significant contributions to both theory and practice in the field and to develop professional practice at the highest level. It is a practical and research-based doctoral program in business and industry which is designed for mid career executives who have already completed the MBA (or equivalent qualification) and are looking to further enhance their practical and theoretical knowledge in the field. further enhance their practical and theoretical knowledge in the field.
|The whole doctorate program should be completed in 2 years.|
|There are 2 parts to the program, the coursework (Level 8 from Qualifi,UK) and the research part.|
|The coursework component takes place during the first year.|
|Courses are conducted online and in an intensive workshop model with webinars.|
|You can choose to do the intensive weekend sessions in London, Zurich, or Barcelona.|
|All courses are assessed by written assignments.|
|Leadership Qualities and Practice|
|Personal Leadership Development as a Strategic Manager.|
|Strategy Development in Cross Border and Global Organisations|
|Strategic Planning in Cross Border and Global Organisations|
|Strategic Direction in Cross Border and Global Organisations|
|Culture and its Impact on Strategy|
|dedication page (optional)|
|table (table of contents, including List of Tables and List of Figures pages)|
|acknowledgments page (optional)|
|list of abbreviations|
|dissertation body (Introduction, methods, results and discussion and a final chapter/conclusion)|
|appendices (optional) Word count: 40,000-50,000 words EXCLUDING appendices.|
- To understand and apply the principles of strategic leadership in a business environment
- Review and apply the principles of business management within industry
- To understand and apply the principles of strategic management in a specific environment
- To improve the employability of learners by allowing them to explore the relationship between management theories and their practical application in the business world.
- Analyse problem solving techniques specific to business and industry
- Select, collate, review and analyse information form a wide range of sources
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage one’s own personal development and growth
- Application form
- Master degree or equivalent
- Official transcripts
- Copy of passport
- Motivation Letter
- IELTS 6.5 (with not minimum 6.0 in each) / TOEFL 90 (official English exam results) or C3S Language Interview
- Reference letters from a former academic institution or from current employer (if applicable)
*Payment instalment plans are available. Please contact C3S’s Administration Department for further details
- The Developing Leaders Scholarship is available for entrepreneurial students from developing countries. This entitles recipients to have up to 50% of their fees paid off.
- The C.J. Walker Scholarship is available for entrepreneurial women. This entitles recipients to have up to 50% of their fees paid off.
- The Lambda Scholarship is available for entrepreneurial LGBT students .This entitles recipients to have up to 50% of their fees paid off.