It is something that always happens. Moments where things are looking awry. Where the stress of situations and circumstances start buckling with tight pressure under you. Moments where all you want to do…is give up.
There is too much at stake. Too much ahead of you to just throw the towel and walk away. It is normal to feel like the pressure is too much to want to give up. We have all felt that at any point in our lives. But just as we start feeling that pressure and that desire to quit, that’s where you take action. That’s when you make your decision. Will you succumb and quit? Or will you take initiative and keep going forward?
Here are some reasons why you shouldn’t give up:
- Because the look of the face of your enemies wishing your failure and defeat will be glorious when you actually succeed.
- Because you will live with shame and regret if you quit now.
- Time and life goes on no matter what. You might as well take full advantage of that time doing something of worth.
- Others are depending on your success, now or in the future.
- The more you do, the easier things will eventually get and the better you will get while you’re doing this.
- Fulfilling your purpose in the world is an ongoing series of happenings, not a predestined fate.
- Enthusiasm of doing things is just as contagious as apathy. Be enthusiastic rather than apathetic.
- There’s a hero inside of you waiting to get out. In the midst of adversity, embrace your inner hero.
- History is still being written. Don’t let your defeat be the ending period.
- Don’t let the bad guys win.
- The taste of success is incomparable.
And there are more and more reasons why you shouldn’t give up. Ultimately, it is up to you how to respond to that oppressive feeling of defeat. Will you give in, or will you keep fighting?