Barcelona is a big and cosmopolitan city, such a place offers a great number of different kind of accommodations, from hostels, to students’ residencies, shared flats and so on. The kind of accommodation will depend on your budget and preferences.
C3S Business School Barcelona can provide you with information and contacts for you to find a safe and affordable accommodation, where you will feel like at home. We can also arrange the accommodation for your firsts days in Barcelona, in order for you to be able to look for a place to rent when you reach Barcelona. Please kindly inform the admission department in advance if you require this service.
Regarding the search for accommodation, it is a pleasure for us to share some tips with you. First thing first, we recommend to start searching early enough. You need to consider that: If you are an international student you will need about two months to find accommodation. If you are a Spanish student it will take you around three weeks. As a student, you have several ways to find an accommodation, such as:
- Search for accommodation in a dormitory or students’ residency.
- Search for a room in a shared flat or an apartment through online agencies.
- Search for a room through the city council website.
Below you will find a list of contacts to help you through the process.
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATIONS?
As for the dormitories you may know that there are several dormitories where you can find a single or shared room. According to the residences, you can have individual toilet, kitchen and living room, own or shared one, as well as other complementary services. Prices will depend on these criteria and needs.
ONLINE SEARCH: WEBSITES AND SPECIALIZED AGENCIES:
If what you want to rent a room or an apartment through online searching, we recommend this top six housing platforms:
Also, there are specialized agencies that you can consult. They will help you to find a suitable accommodation for you, but remember, as they are agencies, they may charge some fee for their services. Please find a list of agencies below:
SEARCH THROUGH THE CITY COUNCIL:
Other option is to find an apartment or room-mates through the Citys Council’s Barcelona webpage. It’s called HabitatGejove. This is an organization created by leading universities of Barcelona, together with the Generalitat of Catalunya and Barcelona City Council, with the aim to support international students who come to Barcelona. You can find information and advices, rooms in share flats or the options to stay with a family form Barcelona, dormitories and colleges campus and so on. For more information, you can check the website, http://www.habitatgejove.com/webv2c/en/
Or visit their offices:
c/ Enric Granados 19, 08007 – Barcelona
Phone number: +34 933 239 068
TO SUM UP, SMALL TIPS:
– Remember to start searching with enough time before your program starts.
– Compare prices and services if you are planning to rent in a dormitory.
– If you are looking for an apartment, the estimated price for a studio starts in around 600€. If you are looking for a room in a shared flat, the price can go between 350€ and 500€.
– Look for warrants, if you are going to share a room or flat, make sure to talk to the landlord first and get the information about their house and renting rules.
– Last but not least:
Enjoy your time in Barcelona!